Cottage Food Operation (CFO) Series

Are you looking to sell your homemade goods? With the new Cottage Food Bill, also known as the California Homemade Food Act, you can now sell low-risk food products that are prepared and packaged in private home kitchens. Most cottage foods include products that don’t require refrigeration and must comply with county health codes. Examples include baked goods, candy, dried pasta, popcorn and more. To see all approved cottage foods, check out the California Department of Public Health’s list here.

Here at the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center, we can help you start your own Cottage Food Operation (CFO) and guide you through the licenses, permits, and regulations required to begin operating. Fill out our questionnaire below so we can learn more about your business. Have further questions? Give us a call at 951-781-2345.

Subscribe now

Sign up to stay updated on the latest news and resources!

Select list(s) to subscribe to

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: OCIE SBDC, 800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, CA, 92831, You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact