District 4 Small Business Grant Relief Program
Supervisor Doug Chaffee, Fourth District, Orange County
The District 4 Small Business Grant Relief Program will support small businesses and non-profits impacted by COVID-19 in Orange County Supervisorial District Four. Grants of up to $10,000 will be available to eligible small businesses and non-profits within the district.
The Fourth District includes the cities of Brea, Fullerton, La Habra, Placentia, most of Anaheim, part of Buena Park, and unincorporated communities.
Grant Selection: Applicants that meet the criteria will be randomly selected based on the population share of each city and unincorporated areas within the district.
Keeping It Local: Applicants are encouraged to make a reasonable effort to utilize grant funding to procure services and products locally.
With ongoing grant fund capacity, the Small Business Grant Relief Program application deadline has been extended to Sunday, July 5, 2020. This extension will provide additional time for small businesses and non-profits to apply for grants up to $10,000.
Small businesses and non-profits who applied during the original application window of June 22nd – June 28th at 5:00 pm, which is now referred to as ‘Round 1’, are now in the screening/approval process with funding to be distributed starting July 6th. If a randomized drawing is necessary for any city oversubscribed, it will be held this Friday, July 3rd.
With funding still available, the application portal will remain open until Sunday, July 5th at 5:oo pm. Applications received between Sunday, June 28th at 5:01pm and the close of the application period on the 5th will be known as ‘Round 2’. These applications will be screened/approved during the week of July 6th with funding to be distributed starting July 13th.
Fourth District Grant Eligibility
- Must be a for-profit business* or non-profit organization*
- Must have been affected by COVID-19
- Small businesses with up to 25 employees are eligible
- Must be located within Orange County’s Fourth District
- Small businesses and non-profits who received prior federal and state disaster funding are eligible
* Businesses engaging in the sale of CBD, Marijuana, gambling, and adult entertainment strip clubs are not eligible.
The application will close Sunday, July 5, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Use of Funds
Businesses and non-profits can request up to $10,000 in funding for use on the following eligible expenses:
- Rent, payroll (as long as PPP funding was not received or has been exhausted) utilities, insurance, accounts payable,
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Office supplies
- Professional services (e.g. janitorial, accounting, etc.)