The Finance Center was designed to be the liaison between your business and the correct funder. Our consultants specialized in loans provide guidance in the loan packaging process, and picking the right loan for them from our network of more than 100 financial institution partners. In order to save you time and resources, we partner directly with underwriters to make the funding process easier and obtain a quicker response.
All the services provided by the Finance Center are at no cost, they are paid for by your tax dollars so take advantage! This resource is offered to for-profit business with less than 500 employees. Any services are either conducted through confidential in-person meetings or video conference calls at California State University, Fullerton.
How it Works
- Sign up for a face-to-face consultation or a conference call with one of our Finance Center consultants. Sign Up Now >>>
- The SBDC consultant will then explain and ask for the necessary documents needed in order to begin the loan packaging process. These documents may include but are not limited to: tax returns, financial statements, as well as an explanation for the use of funds. View funding checklist for a more detailed list of documents.
- After the consultant has obtained all the required documents, they will start the process of sourcing potential funders. Your consultant will be in contact with both you and the lender’s underwriter through the process.
- Once the Finance Center consultant has finished packaging the loan, they will present it to the lender and the lender will evaluate
- Two things will either happen, the lender will accept your loan package and your consultant will stop investigating other lenders. The interested lender will be given seven days to provide a Letter of Intent. However, if the lender does not accept the loan package, the SBDC consultant will resume reviewing your loan package with other prospective lenders.
What types of lending partners does The Finance Center work with?
Our goal is to find the most suitable fit for our client and the lending institution that is why we have partnered with over 100 lending institutions. Some of those lenders include: traditional banks, SBA backed lenders, Community Development Financial Institutions, non-profits, state guaranteed lenders, county and city lending programs, and many more.
How much does The Finance Center charge?
The Finance Center provides its services at no charge to both clients and lenders. This is possible through the funding given to the OCIE SBDC Network by SBA, the state of California, California State University, Fullerton, the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, as well as grant and foundation funding.
I was declined from my bank for a loan, I’m not sure why. Can The Finance Center help me – how?
Yes we can! First we will review your situation and asses the probable cause of the declination. We will then guide you in finding other funding choices through our hundreds of lending partners. Each lender has different requirements and parameters therefore we will assist you in finding the best lender for you and your business. We carefully explain and look for other options with you. We’ve already helped others in their process!
To view your funding choices at no cost, request and appointment with us today!
I’m looking to refinance my debt, can the Finance Center help me?
Of course! With our network of over 100 lenders we’ll find the best fit for you and connect you with them. Our partners will help you refinance your loans and they may even be able to aid you in acquiring a lower rate. Several of our lenders may be able to lend in as little as five days!* We also assist in obtaining a quick turnaround for working capital.
*Since turnaround times depend on many factors, we cannot guarantee turnaround times.
What if I’m missing documents from the “Funding Checklist”? Does the lending institution really need all of these documents?
We can work with you to get all the necessary documents! Our Finance Center consultants will answer any questions regarding any of the documents and also assist you in obtaining any items that are missing from the checklist. We can aid you in asking for your credit reports; however, we cannot help in acquiring your tax returns.
We ask for all of these documents in order to provide the lending institutions with all the information necessary to make an informed decision regarding your loan. The items listed on the checklist not only serve as a guide but are also a requirement for presenting your loan package to our lending partners.