What's OC MADE?
The OC MADE program was created with the intention of helping new businesses enter the Orange County Market Place in order for their product or service to be recognized. During the four-week program, individuals will be taught the planning, marketing, and financing behind developing a business. Learning how they play a role and how to appropriately do each will get individuals closer to achieving their dream. After the program is finished, those that took the program will be given the chance to test out their concept at the OC Market Place.
How to Apply
Register through Eventbrite, answer the preliminary questions on the registration and one of our SBDC consultants will reach out to conduct a brief interview with you – 25 people will be selected for this program based on an interview process. No cost to participate in the program.
- Developing your product for the Market Place
- Building your idea into a business
- Market Place requirements
- Licenses and permits to operate at the Market Place
- Market research
- Sourcing, costing and pricing your products
- Financial projections
- Walking the Market Place
- Presentation from a current Market Place vendor
- Developing your marketing plan
- Understanding social media and how to attract customers/repeat customers
- Finance and funding
- Accepting payment at the Market Place
- Setting up your Market Place booth
- Signage and promotion
- OC Market forms, policies, and procedures
- Graduation/certificate ceremony
- Market Place vendor booth for a select few on Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17.- a perfect opportunity to showcase your business!