San Juan Capistrano CARES
Small Business and Nonprofit Relief Program
Businesses and non-profits located within the City of San Juan Capistrano that have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic are encouraged to apply for a grant of up to $10,000 from the City of San Juan Capistrano.
Businesses applying for the grant program must meet certain eligibility criteria. All grants are subject to approval. Please note that due to limited funds, not all applications submitted may receive funding.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE ONLINE APPLICATION, PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
Before you start, please note:
- You will only be able to upload documents if you are determined pre-eligible based on your answers to the application questions.
- Applications must be COMPLETE to be considered for funding.
Online applications will be accepted from Thursday, September 10 at 9:00 a.m. until Thursday, September 24 at 5:00 p.m. Paper applications will not be accepted, but applicants needing assistance can contact the SBDC for telephone support at 1-800-616-7232. Applications received after this due date and time will be considered late and will not be accepted.
Please complete the entirety of the application and ensure all of your information is correct. If required fields are not complete you will receive an error notice which will not allow you to submit the application. For best results, we recommend using the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox. After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirmation.
Is your Business Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible, your business must:
- Be an existing business or non-profit organization located within San Juan Capistrano.
- Be able to demonstrate adverse impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic. At least one must be true:
- Your business or non-profit was forced to close
- You had to lay off one or more employees
- Your revenue or sales declined 25% or more
- Home-based businesses and home-based non-profits are NOT eligible for the grant
- Businesses or non-profits with more than 100 employees as of March 1, 2020, are NOT eligible for the grant.
- Businesses or non-profits must be legally operating in San Juan Capistrano and eligible to receive federal funds.
USE OF FUNDS
Grant funds can be used for any valid business expense that would have otherwise been funded with the reduced revenues, including without limitation the following:
- Accounts payable, insurance, and utilities
- Inventory and working capital including Personal Protective Equipment
- Facility cleaning & restoration
- Rent or business mortgage payments
- Employee payroll not already supported by Payroll Protection Program
- Other operating expenses