Riverside County MADE: The Blythe Marketfest Special — June Edition
Riverside County MADE: The Blythe Marketfest Special is a fast-paced four-week pop-up market business building and readiness training program to prepare startups and existing business owners to become successful vendors at the new Blythe Marketfest opening in October 2023. At the completion of the program, eligible participants may apply for a County of Riverside grant of $2,500.
- City of Blythe and Palo Verde Valley Resident
- Attend all sessions including AM PAC Financial Literacy to receive the grant
- Meet with an SBDC consultant once a week throughout the training program
- Meet all of the other basic Thrive grant requirements to receive the grant
- All Blythe Marketfest vendors must attend one Market Days readiness session on-site at Todd Park in September (Market Days on 9/2, 9/9, and 9/16 at 8 a.m.) to participate in the market launch on 10/7/23.
Wednesday, June 7 | Session One | 10 a.m. – Noon
- Building your profitable business — the who, what, why, and how!
- Business feasibility — can your idea make money?
- Competitive market research
- Name your business and build your brand
- Business plans — because planning is important!
- Business formation and structure
- Permits, licenses, and insurance
- Funding your business and the Thrive Grant opportunity
Wednesday, June 14 | Session Two | 10 a.m. – Noon
- Managing the money — how, where, and who cares!
- AM PAC Financial Literacy (REQUIRED)
- Business bank accounts
- Accepting payments — online and on-site
- Bookkeeping, sales tax, and business taxes
- Employees 1099 vs. W2 vs. Cash
- Money management plans and Thrive Grant review
Wednesday, June 21 | Session Three | 10 a.m. – Noon
- The selling part — the what, the how, and the everywhere!
- Sourcing, costing, and pricing products
- Packaging and cash wrap
- Return policy and customer satisfaction
- Market booth selection, design, and display
- Signage and promotional materials
- Equipment, supplies, and transportation
- Market applications, regulations, and requirements
Wednesday, June 28 | Session Four | 10 a.m. – Noon
- Communicating with your customers — who, what, why, when, how, and where!
- Marketing, advertising, and making your plan
- Websites — you can do it!
- Integrating online sales
- Social media plans and calendars
- Great photos make great sales
- Go to market strategy — bringing it all together!
- Thrive Grant review and Market Days