Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Inland Empire Small Business Development Center
Address: 3780 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00 Hourly
Job Type: Hourly
Employment Status: Temporary, “non-exempt” part-time, a non-benefited position through June 30, 2021.
Work Schedule: up to 19 hours per week. Schedule to be determined but generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Deadline: Open until filled, but will review applications by June 19, 2020.
***Two positions are available***
Job Duties: Under the direction of the Regional SBDC Director, the Administrative Assistant will maintain internal client database system, organize and administer office activities, accommodate incoming inquiries from local SBDCs and the general public, conduct community outreach in support of the SBDC goals and mission and provide event support for the Lead Center.
- Answer phones, route calls, and take messages
- Set appointments for consultants
- Call clients the day before their appointments to remind & confirm who they are seeing and the time and date of appointment.
- Check emails for online appointment requests
- Assist with trainings, workshops and event planning
- Updating mailing lists, internal staff databases, and statistical information
- Keeps promotional materials ready and keeps inventory of stock, places orders and verifies receipts
- Assist in execution of traditional or digital campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicant must have at least a high school degree and one year of experience in general office clerical work, along with well-developed communication skills and computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and ability to quickly and accurately learn other electronic databases and programs.
- Applicants must have good interpersonal and communication skills along with excellent customer service skills.
- Applicants must possess a thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation, as well as knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Applicants must have the ability to follow directions, take initiative, be flexible, have the ability to multi-task and make decisions on a day-to-day basis, and be accountable for work performed.
- Applicants must have the ability to work with diverse populations.
- Bilingual/Spanish a plus.
- Must have the ability to temporarily telework initially upon hire.
- Prolonged sitting in front of computer. Walking, talking, hearing, pulling, bending, may carry 10-15 pounds of objects/material, not exposed to extreme noise level, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, stoop, kneel, taste or smell.
UEC is an EOE – Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. This position will remain open until filled. This is a sensitive position and the selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check and DMV check prior to appointment.Apply Now