Happy Asian, Pacific Islander, and Desi American (APIDA) Heritage Month! This year, we want to highlight the contributions that APIDA-owned businesses have had to the communities around them. We encourage you to uplift and support these businesses both this month and every month that follows. Creating a space where APIDA-owned businesses are celebrated boosts support for the Asian, Pacific Islander, and Desi American communities. Make sure to join us this month as we highlight some of our clients, share resources, and promote visibility for APIDA communities.
The Positive Impact of APIDA-Owned Small Businesses
APIDA-owned small businesses play a vital role in community development and economic growth. In California alone, there are over 600,000 Asian and Pacific Islander-owned businesses. These businesses generate over $181 billion in annual revenue and employ over 910,000 Californians. Seek out the APIDA-owned businesses around you and show your support because the love that you pour into these businesses will continue to seep into your communities too.
4 Ways to Show Your Support Beyond Making a Purchase
Spread the word
Make sure to remind those around you that this month is APIDA Heritage Month. Be the guiding light and encourage others to reflect on how they can take part in uplifting the APIDA small businesses and communities around them.
Leave positive reviews
Positive reviews go a long way, especially for small businesses. Whenever you make a purchase from one of your local APIDA-owned businesses, leave a positive review or share your experience with your followers on social media.
If you see it, share it
This month especially, you are more likely to see posts and information online related to APIDA Heritage Month. Share and retweet these posts to help increase exposure to those who can benefit most from them.
Use your business
As small business owners, you have the unique ability to show your support by seeking out opportunities to work alongside APIDA-owned businesses. Take some time to find APIDA-owned businesses in your area you can partner with, buy from, or refer customers to.
APIDA Businesses to Support in OC and IE
- Street Apparel – Urban Ninja Gi Hoodie Jacket
- Boba tea and beverages
- Chemisphere & Co.
- Handmade scented candles
- Fun Cuts 4 Kids
- Hair salon
- DJH Construction Inc.
- Solar panel installations
- Adobo Express Food Truck
- Filipino food truck and catering
- Advance Beauty College
- Beauty and cosmetology school
U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- The USPAACC offers educational programming, assistance with pitching to potential investors and help to secure business contracts. Membership in the USPAACC includes large corporations, federal agencies and institutions, nonprofit organizations, and Asian American business leaders.
- The Asian Business Association of Orange County provides opportunities for Asian American business owners to advance in both business and the community. Members will develop new business relationships with each other and gain access to programs, events, and educational resources.
- ACE NextGen empowers AAPI entrepreneurs to grow their businesses through a variety of programs, ranging from purely educational to openly proactive and network-driven.
- The CalAsian Chamber of Commerce is the largest statewide ethnic chamber in California, with the mission to grow and strengthen the AAPI business community. They advocate for policies, legislation, and programs that help diverse small businesses reach new markets and expand their operations.